Apply for Membership


If you LIVE, WORK, WORSHIP, VOLUNTEER, or ATTEND SCHOOL in one of the following counties you are eligible to join Mutual Credit Union.

Mississippi: Adams, Amite, Attala, Bolivar, Calhoun, Carroll, Chickasaw, Choctaw, Claiborne, Clarke, Clay, Coahoma, Copiah, Covington, Hinds, Holmes, Humphreys, Issaquena, Itawamba, Jasper, Jefferson, Jefferson Davis, Jones, Kemper, Lauderdale, Lawrence, Leake, Leflore, Lincoln, Lowndes, Madison, Monroe, Montgomery, Neshoba, Newton, Noxubee, Oktibbeha, Panola, Quitman, Rankin, Scott, Sharkey, Simpson, Smith, Sunflower, Tallahatchie, Tishomingo, Warren, Washington, Webster, Wilkinson, Winston or Yazoo.

Alabama: Colbert, Fayette, Franklin, Greene, Marion, Pickens, Sumter, Tuscaloosa, Walker or Winston.

Louisiana: Catahoula, Concordia, East Carroll, Franklin, Madison, Richland, Tensas or West Carroll.

Arkansas: Chicot or Desha.

If you have a close relationship to this community, you are also eligible for membership. That includes:

  1. Spouses of someone who has died within the field of membership of Mutual Credit Union
  2. Employees of Mutual Credit Union
  3. Members of the immediate family or household of a member
  4. Organizations of such persons

Immediate family is defined to include spouse, child, sibling, parent, grandparent or grandchild (this includes stepparents, stepchildren, stepsiblings, and adoptive relationships).

Household is defined as persons living in the same residence maintaining a single economic unit.

By keeping your account active and maintaining the required minimum balance, you will remain a member of Mutual CU, with all the benefits that membership brings, for life.

What You Need to Bring With You When You Join

Two primary OR one (1) primary and one (1) secondary forms of identification :

Primary forms of identification:

  • State issued identification with picture (not expired)
  • U.S. Military ID with picture (not expired)
  • Passport with photo (not expired)
  • Driver’s License with picture (not expired)
  • U.S. Alien registration
  • Green Card
  • Visa®
  • Immigration Card
  • State issued handgun carry permit

Secondary forms of identification:

  • Social Security Card
  • Birth Certificate
  • Utility Bill (dated within last 30 days)
  • Credit Card
  • Insurance Card
  • Property Tax Bill
  • Student ID with a picture
  • Firearm License or Permit
  • Voter Registration Card
  • Medicare/Medicaid Card
  • Welfare Identification
  • Payroll check with stub
  • Credit Report

Proof of address (such as a utility bill) is required if the address differs from that on the applicant’s primary identification.

If under the age of 16 years old, you will need two (2) secondary forms of identifications such as:

  • birth certificate
  • social security card
  • school ID
  • AND the child’s parent’s or guardian’s primary form of identification must be provided

$15.00 ($5.00 membership fee; $10.00 minimum deposit required to open share account).

Member Resources

  • Switch Kit (for new members already banking somewhere else)

Apply for Membership 


Interactive Video Player
Interactive Video Player
Interactive Video Player
Manage My Cards - Lost or Stolen Card Video
Manage My Cards - Features Video
Interactive Video Player
Interactive Video Player
Manage My Cards - Travel Plans Video
Interactive Video Player